Unlike iTunes backup restoration, this way can help restore some certain types of data to a computer or Mac and the recovered files can be directly viewed. It’s so frustrating to run into the iPhone black screen of death. This post illustrates the possible causes and workable solutions for you to fix your iPhone not turning on with a black screen. It’s recommended to try hard resetting your iPhone in the first place. Then, if you have a backup, you may restore your iPhone to factory settings with iTunes or Finder. Passvers iOS System Recovery is a top-rated iOS repair tool on the market to fix over 50 types of system problems, let alone iPhone black screen of death.
If you use an iPhone, iPad, or iPod, chances are you’ve got one or more IPSW files deep within the folder structure of your Mac or PC. However, you likely wouldn’t even notice them if not for the file size. A single IPSW file typically falls north of a whopping five gigabytes, and that can significantly impact internal HDDs or SSDs with less storage capacity. First of all, I searched the causes why my iPad won’t restore. Then I knew the specific reason, which is the first situation.
- Thus, we suggest using its Full Edition so as to recover more data.
- Error starting firmware after updating.
- The tool that can help you to avoid the “iPhone firmware file corrupt” problem is AnyFix developed by iMobie which is a company focusing on mobile solutions.
- As a result, the old codes become incompatible.
- Then once the uninstallation process is finished you can begin the reinstall process.
If you’ve selected an .ipsw file, installation will take a few minutes. However, if you’ve selected to have iMazing download the software from Apple’s server, this may take some time, depending on your internet bandwidth. The iOS installation package’s size is between 2 and 3 GB, so if you have limited bandwidth, it may take a while for iMazing to download the software. How to fix iOS devices not compatible firmware with TunesKit iOS System Recovery? To use the program to work out this issue, you just need following three steps. If you choose this option, iMazing will check with Apple’s servers and download the latest version of your device’s software automatically.
Are you one of them or have you found a way to fix it? Read this guide to learn how to fix the “iPhone could not be updated because the firmware file is not compatible” issue. Whenever Apple launches a new iOS update, millions of users worldwide immediately try to connect to full link its servers for the Update. It naturally builds up huge traffic on Apple’s site, often preventing your device from connecting with the server. Thus, giving the ‘iPhone software update failed error. The best way is to wait a few hours before updating your iPhone.
- Try again at home or using a Wi-Fi network that isn’t restricted.
- The firmware will be downloaded and installed on the device.
- However, if you never drop your iPhone or get it soaked in liquid, it’s still possible to fix black screen on iPhone using the methods above by yourself.
- In other words, your iPhone has a problem starting up.
- In this guide, you can find several proven ways to solve it.
Also, it includes the boot Read-only memory which is essentially a chip that holds start-up information. If you followed all these steps correctly, your firmware issue should now be resolved. ITunes/Finder will install the updates and restart your iPhone and you will see Success message on iTunes dashboard. After that, you can solve your firmware corruption error by restoring your iPhone from iTunes again. Make sure that the internet you are connected to is stable. Without a good internet connection, your download may take a longer time or even fail.